725 W Brookhaven Cir, Memphis, TN 38117, USA
A native to West Tennessee, Dr. Miles Moore received his degree from the University of Tennessee at Martin. He then went on to earn his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center here in Memphis. Dr. Moore’s utmost priority... More
How to Choose a Memphis Dentist
- Ask for Recommendations: Start by asking family, friends, coworkers, or healthcare professionals for recommendations. Personal experiences and referrals can provide valuable insights into a dentist’s skills and bedside manner.
- Check Qualifications and Credentials: Verify that the dentist is licensed in your state or country and has the necessary qualifications. You can often find this information on their website or by contacting your local dental association or licensing board.
- Consider Specializations: Depending on your needs, you might seek a dentist with specific specializations, such as orthodontics, periodontics, or oral surgery. If you have specific dental issues, it’s important to find a dentist with expertise in treating those problems.
- Research Online: Look up potential dentists online. Many dental practices have websites that provide information about the dentist’s background, services offered, and patient reviews. Online reviews on platforms like Google, Yelp, or Healthgrades can give you an idea of patient experiences.
- Location and Office Hours: Consider the location of the dental office and its proximity to your home or workplace. Also, check the office hours to ensure they are convenient for your schedule.
- Visit the Office: If possible, schedule a visit to the dental office before making a decision. This can give you a feel for the atmosphere, cleanliness, and professionalism of the practice.
- Meet the Dentist: Schedule an initial consultation with the dentist. This is a great opportunity to ask questions about their experience, treatment approach, and any concerns you might have. Pay attention to how well the dentist listens to you and addresses your questions.
- Evaluate Communication: A good dentist should be able to explain dental procedures, treatments, and oral health practices in a way that you can understand. Clear communication is essential for your comfort and informed decision-making.
- Consider Compatibility: Personal comfort is crucial. Make sure you feel at ease with the dentist and the dental staff. A dentist who is patient, empathetic, and respectful of your concerns can make a big difference in your experience.
- Insurance and Payment Options: If you have dental insurance, check if the dentist is in-network. Inquire about the payment options they offer, including whether they provide flexible financing for certain treatments.
- Emergency Care: Inquire about the dentist’s policies for handling dental emergencies outside of regular office hours. It’s important to know how they handle urgent situations.
- Treatment Approach: Different dentists might have varying treatment philosophies. Some may emphasize preventive care, while others may focus more on restorative treatments. Choose a dentist whose approach aligns with your preferences and needs.
- Gut Feeling: Ultimately, trust your instincts. If you have a positive gut feeling about a particular dentist and their practice, it’s likely a good sign that they are a good fit for you.